Sharing Teaching Artist Pamella Allen’s studio process by utilizing basic acrylic painting and collage techniques, participants will create a mixed-media painting with words, lines, texture, natural elements, and images that are unique to them. Using memory-based visualization techniques, participants will harvest colors and images of their most joyful moments and incorporate them into a unique composition that can be gifted or kept for themselves as a beautiful point of meditation and remembrance.
Materials for This Course
- 16″x20″ stretched canvas
- Set of acrylic paints
- Set of paintbrushes
- Palette or plastic plate
- Mod Podge
- Glue stick
- Elmer’s glue (white or clear)
- Hot-glue gun (optional)
- Cups or jars for water
- Rags or paper towels
- Collage elements – photos, shells, twigs, sand, ribbon, fabric, etc.
- learn basic painting and collage techniques.
- explore different styles used in painting and collage, by analyzing and critiquing master works by contemporary artists.
- create a series of images by using observational and memory-based visualization techniques.
- share their artwork, offering positive critiques to each other.
Photo: Me and Memory, 32”x46”x2”. Acrylic, sand, silk, C-print, rice paper, and mixed media on canvas. ©️ Pamella Allen