To inspire 55+ adults to explore their creativity; to build stronger relationships and bridge connections to new communities; and to advocate for equity and anti-ageism in arts learning.
All 55+ adults are empowered to explore their creativity and live full, vibrant lives because of the relationships and confidence built through their art-making.
- Wellbeing through creativity
- Authenticity of expression
- Growth fostered by connecting to others
- Equity through anti-ageism advocacy
PrimeLife Arts Learning is a community for 55+ adults and their families to learn about and make art, and connect with family and friends all through a user-friendly online platform. Participants across the US will work with a national network of Teaching Artists who exhibit the best in Creative Aging.*
Although studies have indicated for years that 55+ adults experience ageism and isolation that are damaging to their overall mental and physical health, the global coronavirus pandemic in 2020 brought more public attention to this fact1. As people live longer and healthier lives, the perception of old age is changing, as are the capabilities, activities, and expectations of older adults2. To support the overall wellness of 55+ adults, a group of passionate nonprofit professionals came together to launch PrimeLife Arts Learning.
Virtual course offerings
PAL classes are on sale now!
- Learning about art from artists (and making it!)
- Socializing with family and friends—it’s intergenerational
- Small classes
- Opportunities for all skill levels
- Variety of topics
- Easy-to-use website
PAL promotes creativity, confidence, and community in 55+ adults, and anti-ageism in the United States, by:
- Providing access to arts programming that includes relationship-building components
- Partnering with arts organizations and organizations that support 55+ communities
- Strengthening the mental and physical health of 55+ adults as they explore their artistic perspectives through the arts medium(s) of their choice
- Advocating on behalf of 55+ adults
PrimeLife Arts Learning is proud
to be one of the Creative Aging-
focused organizations supported
by Aroha Philanthropies.
PrimeLife Arts Learning is excited to partner with Next Avenue, a nonprofit journalism site for older adults produced by Twin Cities PBS for a national audience.
As a National Guild member, PrimeLife Arts Learning is committed to making arts education accessible to all.
Let’s make art together!
1 Ageism is Making the Pandemic Worse, The Atlantic, March 2020.
* Creative Aging: programs for 55+ adults with a focus on social engagement and skills mastery provided by arts and CA professionals.
Photo by Karolina Grabowska on Pexels.com