PrimeLife Arts Learning’s (PAL’s) mission is to inspire adults 55+ to explore their creativity; to build stronger relationships and bridge connections to new communities; and to advocate for equity and anti-ageism in arts learning.
All adults 55+ are empowered to explore their creativity and live full, vibrant lives because of the relationships and confidence built through their art-making.
- Well-being through creativity
- Authenticity of expression
- Growth fostered by connecting to others
- Equity through anti-ageism advocacy
PrimeLife Arts Learning (PAL) is a community for adults 55+ to learn about and make art and connect with family and friends through a user-friendly online platform. Participants across the US work with a national network of Teaching Artists who exhibit the best in Creative Aging.*
Although studies have indicated for years that adults 55+ experience ageism and isolation that are damaging to their overall mental and physical health, the global coronavirus pandemic in 2020 brought more public attention to this fact1. As people live longer and healthier lives, the perception of old age is changing, as are the capabilities, activities, and expectations of older adults2. To support the overall wellness of 55+ adults, a group of passionate nonprofit professionals came together to launch PrimeLife Arts Learning.
- Learning about art from (and making art with) artists
- Socializing with family and friends—it’s intergenerational
- Small classes
- Opportunities for all skill levels
- Variety of topics
- Easy-to-use website
Download Our PAL Summary
PAL promotes creativity, confidence, and community in 55+ adults, and anti-ageism in the United States, by:
- Providing access to arts programming that includes relationship-building components
- Partnering with arts organizations and organizations that support 55+ communities
- Strengthening the mental and physical health of adults 55+ as they explore their artistic perspectives through the arts medium(s) of their choice
- Advocating on behalf of adults 55+
PrimeLife Arts Learning is proud
to be one of the Creative Aging-
focused organizations supported
by E.A. Michelson Philanthropy.
PrimeLife Arts Learning is excited to partner
with Next Avenue, a nonprofit journalism site
for older adults produced by Twin Cities PBS
for a national audience.
As a National Guild member,
PrimeLife Arts Learning is committed
to making arts education
accessible to all.
Let’s Make art together!
1 Ageism is Making the Pandemic Worse, The Atlantic, March 2020
2 The Summit on Creativity and Aging in America, National Endowment for the Arts, 2015.
*Creative Aging (CA): programs for adults 55+ with a focus on social engagement and skills mastery provided by arts and CA professionals.
Photo by Karolina Grabowska on Pexels.com